Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lil Wayne on the Bible: "It Was Deep!"

What's poppin'?

You guys know you can count on Eat the Bible for all the latest news and jams from your favorite hip-hop, trip-hop, R&B, and rap artists, right?

Okay.  You can't.  And I don't know what trip-hop is.  However, it sounds like it's at least three times as cool as hip-hop.

But I was reading the New York Daily News this morning--like I do every Wednesday morning--and I stumbled across this scripture tidbit from the music scene.  (I'd imagine that real rap bloggers never use the word "tidbit.")  Rap star Lil Wayne--recently released from a 242-day stint at Rikers Island--claims to have read the entire Bible during his incarceration. 

Reflecting on the Gospels, he noted, deeply, "It was deep!"  To which I can only respond ... no, Lil, you're deep!  I wish everyone would read the whole Bible. The Daily News reports that he also plowed through Confucius, along with biographies of Jimi Hendrix and Vince Lombardi. 

Myself, I need more Lil Wayne Bible commentary, so I have contacted his press people to see if I can set up an interview.  (I'm not kidding.)  I'm sure I won't hear back, but if I do, I'll get the interview up ASAP, and Eat the Bible will become about six thousand times cooler than before.  In the meantime, here's a little Lil for your Wednesday morning.  Much love ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We here at "Eat the Bible" love your comments--please share.